|Blue Bloods (Book)|
|Author||Melissa de la Cruz|
|Publication date||March 27, 2007.|
| Preceded by|
| Followed by|
|“||One minute you could be getting a smoke in the alley on the Lower East Side with your friends, having drinks and dancing on tables in a popular nightclub. And the next minute, you could be dead...||”|
— Ain't it fun being a Blue Blood? Read now to find out!
Blue Bloods is the first installment of Melissa de la Cruz' seven book series from the same name, first published in March 2007 by Hyperion. This book marks the beginning of the first cycle in the Blue Bloods series. The story focuses on Schuyler Van Alen's discovery of her origins and her growing love for the popular Jack Force, as well as on the growing dark enemy that threatens the Blue Bloods community.
Within New York City’s most elite families, there lurks a secret society of celebrated Americans whose ancestors sailed on the Mayflower. They are the powerful and the wealthy—and in fact, they are not human. They are the Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires. Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes instead of the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates, and she lives with her reclusive grandmother in a dilapidated mansion. Schuyler is a loner—and happy that way. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler’s life changes dramatically. She has a mosaic of blue veins on her arms, and craves raw meat. The death of a popular girl from Duchesne is surrounded by a mystery that haunts her. And strangest off all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her. Schuyler wants to find out the secrets the Blue Bloods are keeping. But is she herself in danger?
About the storyEdit
- Main characters : Schuyler Van Alen • Oliver Hazard-Perry • Jack Force • Mimi Force • Bliss Llewellyn • Dylan Ward
- Secondary characters : Charles Force • Allegra Van Alen • Cordelia Van Alen • Forsyth Llewellyn • Jordan Llewellyn • ...
- Minor characters : Piper Crandall • ...
- Locations : New York • The Bank • Block 122 • Metropolitan Museum of Arts • ...
- Terms : Blue Bloods • Silver Bloods • ...
- "Dylan guaranteed a cakewalk. Besides, we can always point to the plague over there. Your family built this place, remember?"
- — Oliver, recalling Schuyler of the club's origins.
- She'd never given Jack Force more than a fleeting thought - he was a junior, from the planet Popular; they might go to the same school, but they hardly breathed the same air. And after all, his twin sister was indomitable Mimi Force, whose one goal in life was to make everyone else's miserable. "On your way to a funeral?" or "Who died and made you homeless?" were some of Mimi's unimaginative insults directed her way.
- — Schuyler's thought on her unconvenient growing attraction for Jack Force.
- Mimi was popularity personified. She had the golden-girl good looks and tanned, Pilates-toned limbs that came with the Queen Bee position — but she transcended the stereotype while embodying the essence of it.
- — A part of Mimi's description.
- This is the first fantastic novel that Melissa wrote and published.
- The town featured on the cover is New York.
- A graphic novel was released in January 2013, along the final novel from the Blue Bloods series.
- Charles Force is said to be sixty in the second chapter of the book. However, he is not even fourty at that time, since his birth date is listed as August 24, 1969. Surely, the fact that his bond has been broken by Allegra must have played a major role in this premature ageing.
- Mimi's thought about the Committe in the second chapter serves as the opening of Keys to the Repository.
|Blue Bloods Universe: Novels|
Misguided Angel • Lost in Time • Gates of Paradise