|Birth name:|| Oliver Aloysius Fitzgerald|
|First seen:||Blue Bloods|
|Last seen:||Vampires of Manhattan|
|“||I'm tired of being your best friend. I'm tired of being second best. I won't settle for that anymore. It's all or nothing, Schuyler. You have to decide. Him or me.||”|
— Oliver to Schuyler.
Oliver Hazard-Perry is one of the main characters in the first cycle of the Blue Bloods series and the main protagonist of the second cycle. He was born as a Red Blood, a human, but his family being Conduits, he was always aware of the existence of the Blue Bloods.
Born to one of the oldest human families in service of the vampires, he was assigned as Human Conduit to Schuyler Van Alen from a very young age — a tradition which got lost among many of the Blue Blood families. Eventually, Oliver became Schuyler's bestfriend and confidant. But, from friendship to love there is only one step... One step which Oliver crossed, and he may learn in time that when loving a Blue Blood, there is no going back...
Oliver Hazard-Perry, as a human teenager, is described as a tall and slim young boy with a fair, elfin face, chestnut brown hair and hazel eyes.
Fond of confortable clothing, such as simple jeans and shirts, he nonetheless likes to go for the most expensive brands, found while shopping in SoHo.
Born into one of the oldest families of Red Bloods in service to the vampires, Oliver was raised with the knowledge of their existence, fully aware that one day, he, too, would serve them.
When he was in second grade, he was given his first mission: to protect Schuyler Van Alen, the young orphan-like daughter of Allegra Van Alen and a member of one of the last Blue Blood families to ask for the services of human conduits. One day, when Schuyler's nanny forgot to pack her lunch, he thus offered to share his lettuce and his mayo sandwich with her. And soon enough, a friendship grew between the two misfits.
Both were then sent to Duchesne, where they were befriended by Dylan Ward, a newcomer who also did not fit in the mold at the prestigious New York school.
The Sacred KissEdit
Helping Schuyler in her questEdit
The final standEdit
A wish grantedEdit
Powers and abilitiesEdit
As a mortalEdit
Schuyler Van Alen Edit
- Schuyler Van Alen: "You're not even looking at me."
- Oliver Hazard-Perry: "I look at you every day."
- — Oliver's embarrassing confession.
- Dylan Ward:
- Schuyler Van Alen
- Bliss Llewellyn:
- Mimi Force:
- Kingsley Martin:
- Jack Force:
|Blue Bloods series|
|The Van Alen Legacy|
|Lost in Time|
|Wolf Pact (spin-off)|
|Gates of Paradise|
|Vampires of Manhattan|
|Beauchamp Family series|
|Diary of the White Witch|
|Witches of East End|
|Winds of Salem|
- Oliver Hazard-Perry is the character who appears the most throughout the two book series, making appearances in eleven settlements of the universe. He is closely tied by Schuyler Van Alen, who appears in ten of them.
- Melissa de la Cruz stated it was probably because Oliver is the closest to her own personality.
- Oliver is the character, tied again with Schuyler, who has the most interactions with the Gods of Asgard, as he has met three of them so far: Freya Beauchamp, Joanna Beauchamp and Helda.