|“|| Vampires of Manhattan is a continuation but also a new beginning.|
New coven. New rules. New danger. Same fabulous city of New York.
— Melissa de la Cruz about this new series.
|Vampires of Manhattan (Book)|
|Author||Melissa de la Cruz|
|Publication date||September 2014|
| Preceded by|
Gates of Paradise
| Followed by|
The Vampires of Manhattan is "hipster horror" — the memorable characters from her Blue Bloods series are older and cooler than before, trying to build "Millennial" lives in the bustle of Manhattan while battling forces of evil and, of course, each other.
Hero of this sexy, paranormal action tale is Oliver Hazard-Perry, former human conduit, and Manhattan's only human-turned-vampire, now the head of the Blue Bloods Coven. When his all-too-human lover is found murdered on the eve of the coven's annual Four Hundred Ball — a celebration meant to usher in a new era in vampire society, and to mark the re-unification of the Coven after decades of unrest and decay — Oliver is devastated.
Now, not only is he trying to create a new world order for the immortal elite, he's the prime suspect and is stalked by the newly installed head of the vampire secret police. Because according to the new rules, vampires who take human life can now be executed. Burned.
How can an immortal sentenced to die fight back? He has to find the killer — and the answers lie deep in vampire lore.
About the storyEdit
- Main characters : Araminta Scott • Edon • Oliver Hazard-Perry • Finn Chase • Mimi Martin • Kingsley Martin
- Secondary characters : Sam Lennox • Deming Chen • Schuyler Van Alen • Jack Force • • ...
- Minor characters : • ...
- Locations : New York • • • • ...
- Terms : Blue Bloods • Silver Bloods • Wolves • Nephilims • ...
- This is the first novel of this Blue Blood cycle - as of today, only two novels are planned to compose this cycle.
- This novel is the fifteenth Blue Blood-related book.
- The title Vampires of Manhattan is borrowed from the French translation of the series - "Les Vampires de Manhattan", which also serves as the French title to the first novel in the original Blue Bloods series.
- The book also shares its title with the 34th chapter of Witches of East End.